Monday, October 24, 2011

Google Reader revamp and Google+ integration coming

Google has been updating most of its apps over the years, but Google Reader has remained one of neglected children of Google. Google realizes that too and is going to offer some new updates to its RSS reader in near future. According to the information given out by Google, every service of theirs will be getting a deeper integration of Google+, this includes Google Reader. The new features will now be able to easily share any RSS feed item from Google Reader to your specific Google+ circle immediately.

Although not a big change or visual upgrade has been promised by Google. Google has informed that many people has moved away from its RSS reader and that is why they would be adding an export feature to allow people to export their starred items, subscription lists, likes, friends list and shared items. So, that people can have their data with themselves if they are no longer interested in using the platform.

I don’t mind the export features, but I don’t like the pessimist approach from Google regarding the service. I for one use it on daily basis. Its sure that its interface is very old but it is still best online RSS reader. Many people have stopped using RSS in favor of social network updates, but I like to keep social networks only for “real people” and not for following blogs. And RSS is still my main source of whats happening around on my favorite blogs. Moreover the software solutions are not feasible in this day and age where I am constantly switching between home PC, office PC, smartphone and laptop. This is where an online RSS reader comes to work at best by keeping all my read and unread record for me. So, I do welcome the changes coming to Google Reader and do hope that Google puts in a lot more effort to improve the service rather than throwing hints at people to move away from it.

About karar

Dad in the day, Gamer by night. Loves everything Geek. By profession an Engineer but my hobby has been Video gaming on PC since 1989.

Comments

Artikel yang Berkaitan

0 komentar:

Post a Comment