Thursday, June 2, 2011

WiFi-based net traffic to overtake wired connections by 2015

aaaaaWell all love wireless, at least I do. If I could wireless my life in all ways that is technologically possible, I would. And so, now I am waiting for wireless power so my computer desk can finally look clean(er). Meanwhile, at least in one aspect we are moving in the correct direction, and that is the Internet.

aaaaaNetwork guru Cisco predicts that by 2015, there will be more net traffic generated by WiFi connections than from wired. In an online report, the company said that wired devices “accounted for the majority of IP traffic at 63 percent”, however, by 2015, “wired devices will account for 46 percent of IP traffic, while WiFi and mobile devices will account for 54 percent of IP traffic.”

aaaaaThere are tons of other such predictions in the report, such as that in 2010, only a few thousand household in the world generated a terabyte of Internet traffic, however by 2015, 6 million households will cross the 1TB mark. 20  million households will generate half a terabyte of traffic by 2015.

Artikel yang Berkaitan

0 komentar:

Post a Comment